EFFECTIVE RESULTS: Powerful diode laser technology will reduce your unwanted hair.
· FAST TREATMENTS: Venus Velocity™ can remove unwanted hair in less time than traditional treatments, even for large areas of the body. There’s no downtime so you can return to your regular routine immediately afterward.
· COMFORTABLE FOR ALL SKIN TONES: Venus Velocity™ is safe for all skin tones, even tanned skin. The advanced cooling system works on contact to ensure your skin is always protected, so you can enjoy a more comfortable treatment.
· WHAT TO EXPECT: Multiple sessions are needed for permanent hair reduction, because hair grows in different stages—it must be in the anagen (growth) stage for laser hair removal to work. The number of sessions and the duration of each session will vary for each patient depending on the area being treated. Consult your certified provider to customize a treatment plan based on your skin tone and hair type
Enjoy a comfortable treatment with no downtime!
SAFE ON ALL SKIN TONES
Treatments are safe on all skin tones, even tanned skin. The advanced cooling system works on contact to ensure your skin is always protected, so you can enjoy a more comfortable treatment.
How It Works
Hair grows in a cycle of three stages: anagen (growth), catagen (transitional), and telogen (resting). Venus Velocity™ uses laser technology to target the hair follicle in the anagen phase, which is when the hair responds best to the treatment. About 30% of hair is in this phase at any given time, which is why you need multiple treatments to see results.
Venus Velocity™ works by delivering energy to the hair follicle, where it’s absorbed by the hair pigment. This destroys the follicle so that the hair cannot grow anymore. This results in permanent hair reduction.
BEFORE THE TREATMENT
1. Am I a good candidate for this treatment? / Will this treatment work for me? Laser hair removal is for individuals who want to permanently reduce unwanted hair on their face or body through laser treatments because they’re tired of the conventional methods that only yield temporary results. For safety reasons, you may not be able to get this treatment if you have/are: • Previous problems with laser therapy • A history of keloid scarring • Active infection or history of herpes simplex in the treatment area • Use of depilatories or other hair removal treatments, such as waxing, plucking, or electrolysis, within 6 weeks prior to treatment • Hypersensitivity to hydroquinone or other bleaching agents • Use of oral Accutane within 6 weeks prior to treatmenT
2. I have darker skin – can I still get this treatment done?
Venus Velocity™ hair removal treatments can be done on darker skin tones, even tanned skin, but using different settings, as there is a higher risk of discoloration (since darker skin has more pigment in it). The technician will perform a test spot and wait between 15 minutes to 48 hours, depending on your skin tone, to assess your reaction to the laser. He/she would know best what treatment parameters are most appropriate to use for your skin type.
3. Can I do it during my lunch break?
Yes, Venus Velocity™ treatments are fast, even on larger areas like the back or two full legs. It’s also ideal for treating multiple areas, like the bikini area and underarms.
4. How many sessions will I need to see results?
Most patients receive 4-6 treatments per area. The exact number will depend on each individual person’s skin type, hair color and texture, and the area being treated.
5. How often/far apart should the treatments be?
Treatments are done 4-8 weeks apart.
6. Do I need to do anything to prepare for the treatment?
Make sure your skin is clean. Do not apply any lotions, creams or makeup (if you’re getting a treatment on your face) before your session, and stop using any products that might irritate your skin 2-3 days before. Remove all jewelry around the area being treated. The technician will shave and clean the area before starting your treatment. They will also ask about your medical history, so it helps to have that information ready
DURING THE TREATMENT
1. How long does a treatment session last?
It depends on where you’re getting the treatment—an upper lip will be much faster than both legs.
2. What does the treatment feel like?
Once the treatment starts, you’ll feel some heat in the area, but this will only last a short while, thanks to the real-time cooling system that kicks in right away to help minimize discomfort. If your technician is using PULSE mode, it will feel like a light snap of an elastic band against your skin. If they’re using SLIDE mode, it will feel like a series of light snaps as the technician glides the applicator continuously across the treatment area.
3. Will it be painful?
The applicator has a built-in cooling feature to make the treatment as comfortable as possible, but you might feel a bit of discomfort if you’re treating a more sensitive area, like along the bikini line. If you find it too uncomfortable, let your treatment provider know and they can adjust the settings accordingly
AFTER THE TREATMENT
1. How will I feel after my treatment?
You may feel like you have a slight sunburn around the treatment area, but this should go away after 1-2 days at the very most. You can use a cool compress to cool the area if need be. You may also see some hairs fall out more easily in the days following your treatment— this is perfectly normal. Some patients may also experience what appears to be a rash accompanied by some mild itching. This is also normal—it’s just the skin’s response to the energy. The redness and itching will subside over a few days. Cool compresses or antibiotic ointment can help speed up the healing process. 2. How long will the results last and are they permanent?
It depends on how your hair grows. Some people may see longer-lasting hair removal, while others who see sporadic hair growth in the area may need a touch-up treatment to maintain the results.
3. Is there any downtime?
There is no downtime. You can return to your daily schedule immediately after your treatment.
4. Do I need to do anything after my treatment?
Be sure to gently clean the treated area twice a day and apply sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 before going outside; however, avoid excessive sun exposure. You should also steer clear of hot baths, massages, or any treatment that requires direct contact with the skin for the first 2 days after your treatment.
5. If I got a treatment on my face, can I put makeup up on right after?
Yes, you can apply makeup immediately after your treatment, but make sure you put on sunscreen first